Museum of TrabzonThe building is one of the most important civil architectural works reflecting the grandeur of 19th century Trabzon with its location, architecture and magnificent workmanship. It was built in the late 19th century by Kostaki Teohyplaktos, a banker of the wealthy people of Trabzon and known that many materials used in the building which reflect European architectural features are brought from Italy. Apart from the basement of the building, which is one of the most important examples of civil architecture in the 19th century, all floors are decorated with plaster and pencil work. The building, which was used as the headquarters of the occupation forces during the Russian occupation of 1916-1918, was later purchased by Nemlizadeler. The expropriated building in 1927 was used as the Government House, the Third General Inspectorate and the Seminary School of Arts, and then transferred to the Ministry of Culture to be transformed into a museum. After many years of renovation work, it was reopened as Trabzon Museum on April 22, 2001. Atatürk stayed here with his wife Latife Hanım during a visit to Trabzon on September 15-17, 1924. The speech given in honor of Mayor Hüseyin Kazaz to Trabzon and the Trabzon people on 15 September was also made here. The basement is organized as an archeological and ethnographic works section. In addition to the old bronze, classical, Roman and Byzantine works, there are Ottoman period works and local works.