St. Barbara Monastery
In the continuation of the mountain where the Sumela Monastery was built, it is placed on the natural rock platform, almost in
line with it. The monastery is entered at the gate of the protection wall in the south. On the right there is the basic remnants of the
monastery cells that are placed as judges of the valedictory. The hearths are visible in the cells, in the middle. The church, which
is the main structure of the monastery, has a rectangular plan and a single apse. The cradle vault was supported by three arches.
The cover is very strong. It is known that the monastery was used until 1923.