Email Address

Password   ?

444 15 61
Kaledibi Church
It was built in 1306 by Theodora Tzanichites and Gregory Kamachenos. Metropolitan Constantinos (1830 - 1879) was rebuilt 
in 1856 in accordance with its original condition. The structure of the basal plan type has three neves. The dome, which covers the
main space, is carried by four columns and supported by vaults. On the walls of the dome, 12 windows open to illuminate
the interior. There are separate gates in the north, south and west direction. After the conquest of Trabzon, it was used as a mosque
for a while and later became a military depot. As a result of the major repair in 1998, it has been used as a multipurpose hall
nowadays.
Kaledibi Church
It was built in 1306 by Theodora Tzanichites and Gregory Kamachenos. Metropolitan Constantinos (1830 - 1879) was rebuilt 
in 1856 in accordance with its original condition. The structure of the basal plan type has three neves. The dome, which covers the
main space, is carried by four columns and supported by vaults. On the walls of the dome, 12 windows open to illuminate
the interior. There are separate gates in the north, south and west direction. After the conquest of Trabzon, it was used as a mosque
for a while and later became a military depot. As a result of the major repair in 1998, it has been used as a multipurpose hall
nowadays.

Home of Trabzon
444 15 61
  

  

 

 

                                                                           

Bu web sayfası DOKA teknik desteği ile hazırlanmıştır.
Home of Trabzon © T.C. Kültür ve Turizm Bakanlığı